jueves, 22 de julio de 2010

Another poem for you to enjoy...

The Monster Hunt

There was nothing to do

And it was cold and dark,

So we went to hunt for monsters

In the trees by the park

It was absolutely silent

You couldn’t hear a sound

And everybody jumped

When a leaf hit the ground

Then we heard a noise behind us

“Look, What’s that behind that tree?”

Well, if it was a monster,

We didn’t wait to see

“Did anybody see it?”

“No, I don’t think so”

“Did anybody hear it?”

“I really don’t know”

“I heard footsteps”

“I hear a dog bark”

“I heard a glass break”

But it was very dark

So no one saw the monster

But we all heard a sound

And we’re absolutely certain

That it was around

One boy saw a shadow

“May be it was a tree”

Another said,

“It smelt like a monster to me”

Then everyone was quiet

And a little boy said

“There was a great big monster

And it touched me on the head”

And everybody laughed and laughed

The little boy laughed too

“But I did see a monster

It’s absolutely true”

And after that day

Whenever it is dark

No one ever goes

Near the trees by the park


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario